Monday, February 22, 2016

Crate Paper | Hello XOXO

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of http://canoncreativegirl.blogspot.com/.  I do receive financial compensation and material product from Crate Paper to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.


Hi everyone! I'm so happy to share my first project for Crate paper with you today! When I first received the new Bloom collection I couldn't wait to get started right away. There are so many pieces that I love in this collection!


I chose to make a layout using several different patterned papers from the collection. One of my favorite techniques is pattern piecing. Because I chose several bold patterns to use together, I kept the main background paper neutral so that the design would not be too overwhelming. I trimmed my papers into small strips and lined them up in a vertical fashion across the bottom of my page. Then I used my sewing machine to adhere a couple of my pieces down.


I printed a small square shaped photo and adhered to the top left hand side of my page with a small tag sticking out from behind it. I then chose lots of ephemera pieces to accent my page.



I added some gold washi and a cute little rubber charm from the collection too. Then I finished it off by stamping the date and adding some simple journaling.


Thanks for stopping by the blog today, I hope that you are enjoying the Bloom collection!










No comments:

Post a Comment