Saturday, August 30, 2014

American Crafts DT August Gallery layouts


Hi everyone,

I have a couple of Gallery layouts to share with you today using the brand new Shimelle collection from American Crafts.  This brand new collection arrived on my doorstep last week and I was so excited that I dove right in!

First day of School
How to:  I used a waterbrush to lightly paint my background paper with light blue watercolor paint.  Next I used the American Crafts Knockouts triangle punch 1.5" and 2" to punch out pieces of pattern paper from a 6x6 Shimelle paper pad.


New

This was my first experiment with brush script.  I'm kind of a neat freak about my handwriting so it was a little hard for me to let go with this.

How to:  I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut a large heart on my background paper, then cut strips of paper from the Shimelle collection to fill it.  After it was filled, I used a sewing machine to stitch around the outside of the heart and then painted the outline and title before adding embellishments.

Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope you enjoyed my monthly gallery layouts.  I will be back again tomorrow for the first American Crafts 2014-2015 blog hop!



3 comments:

  1. Love the first day of school layout! You're awesome at mixing patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both awesome, Gina! Love the triangles on your first layout and the big heart on the second one!!

    ReplyDelete