Thursday, June 28, 2012

Catch a wave...

Hi friends,
I hope that you are enjoying your week so far. My Mom has been visiting for the last few days and we have been busy with all kinds of day trips and activities with the kids.
My Mom just started scrapbooking recently so she was looking for some ideas and supplies. We decided to make the drive up to Green Tangerines in Rocklin a couple days ago so that she could see their store. It is the largest scrapbooking store in our area.
While we were there I was ecstatic to see that they had the new Shoreline collection from American Crafts (I have been waiting to get my hands on this line).

We came back home to work on projects and I made this layout:

Catch a wave layout:


I love the colors in this line. It was perfect for this photo I had taken of a surfer at Ocean Beach (in San Francisco) a few years ago.


I cut out the scalloped background with my silhouette. I love how the scallops resemble waves. Then I added a few popped up blue pieces to the inside of some of the scallops.


I added a fringe paper strip and some fabulous shoreline embellishments and my layout was done in no time.


I'm thinking of making a card with this collection tonight. I think I'm hooked!


2 comments:

  1. I love it. That cut background is perfect!!! I used fringe on on a layout I created using the same collection. LOL. I will have to email you a photo.

    ReplyDelete