Thursday, August 4, 2011

Halloween in August is Glowing....

with Authentique's new Halloween collection!

Hi friends, I am here to show you some fun altered Halloween projects that I created using the new Glowing line from Authentique. I wanted to make a home decor project that would really show off their product.

Here is what I came up with:
An altered shadow box frame and a topiary



To create the shadow box frame I started with their Newsprint paper as my background and then handcut a spooky haunted house using their music notes and brocade paper and adding tabs from their tabloids paper. Did you notice all the details on the house? I added foam tape, ruler tape, moss and inked it to age a bit.



I also added a picket fence, wood sticks, photos and a fun banner cut from their Harlequin patches paper.


I really love the ending result!

For the second part of my project I created a topiary. And I have fun step by step tutorial to show you how to recreate this project.

To begin gather your desired papers and supplies. You will need atleast two punches for this project as well as stick pins, buttons, ink, a base and a styrofoam ball.


Step 1: punch your papers

for best results use a variety of paper patterns and two different size punches. For example I used 1 round punch, and 1 flower punch.





Step 2: ink and distress the edges

I used 2 different inks for this step - Pumpkin Spice and Charcoal from Colorbox. But you can use whatever ink you have on hand. Ink the edges of each punched piece, then gently fold and crinkle edges to distress.



Step 3: start creating your topiary by piecing 2 of your punched pieces together and adding a button.



Then place on styrofoam ball with a stick pin.



continue this process until the styrofoam ball is filled.

For a fun look add shaped die cuts to a few pieces before pinning on (Authentique's noteables die cuts are perfect for this).

When you are finished place the topiary on a base and enjoy!

Here is my shot of my completed topiary.



I had so much fun making this. I hope that you are inspired to make one too. Thank you for stopping by.

5 comments:

  1. How cool u did a tutorial too! You rock! Love all this! You did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there beautiful!! You did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome! I love the topiary and what a great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete